Price discounted 25% off for a limited time (Price displayed already discounted). Print Carbon Fiber + the full range of engineering composites and polymers with a 110°C heated chamber.
MakerBot Method X Carbon Fiber Edition
Print carbon fiber reinforced nylon and other engineering-grade composite parts with three dimensional strength and accuracy like never before on METHOD’s unique industrial desktop platform.
Strong, Heat-Resistant Metal Replacement Parts
- Carbon fiber reinforced nylon is optimized for high strength, stiffness, and heat resistance making it ideal for structural applications and metal replacements.
- Excellent strength to weight ratio - 110 MPa TS - for lightweighting applications such as robotic end effectors
- Engineering-grade stiffness - 7600 MPa Tensile Modulus - for structural applications such as vehicular brackets and inspection gauges
- High heat resistance under load - 184°C HDT - for optimal under-hood and tooling applications
Superior Nylon Carbon Fiber Parts with METHOD
- METHOD’s unique industrial feature set produces carbon fiber parts with superior three dimensional strength and accuracy
- METHOD’s Heated Chamber delivers parts that are strong and accurate.
- Outstanding surface finish that hides layer lines thanks to METHOD’s Ultra-Rigid Metal Frame.
- Print the most complex geometries including internal cavities with soluble support, or use breakaway support for faster print times.
- METHOD’s sealed filament bays help keep the material dry, resulting in better print quality and reliability, and METHOD’s pre-print spool drying feature allows for the recovery of oversaturated filament.
PRINT COMPLEX AND DURABLE ABS PARTS WITH A 100°C HEATED CHAMBER FOR END-USE ASSEMBLIES AND MANUFACTURING TOOLS
- Model Material Extruders
- Compsite Extruder 1C (included)
- Model 1*
- Model 1XA*
- MB Labs Experimental Extruder*
Support Material Extruders
- Support 2 (included)
- Support 2XA (included)
Model and Support Material Compatibility
- Model Material
- Nylon Carbon Fiber
- PC-ABS and PC-ABS Fire Retardant
**requires MB Labs Experimental Extruder
Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
± 0.2 mm1
Range: 20 - 400 microns
Up to 2x faster than desktop 3D printers2
Max Material Flow Rate: ~50 mm3 per sec
Print Head Travel Speed: Up to 500 mm per sec
Print modes tuned and optimized for:
100 microns - High Quality Print Mode (Coming Soon)
200 microns - Balanced Print Mode
Maximum Build Volume
19 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 7.5 x 7.5 x 7.75 in single extrusion (print settings coming soon)
15.2 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 6.0 x 7.5 x 7.75 in dual extrusion
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
- 1 MakerBot METHOD X 3D Printer
- 1 Spring Steel Build Plate
- 1 Composite Extruder
- 1 Performance Extruder 2XA Support
- 1 Performance Extruder 2 Support
- 1 Nozzle Brush
- 1 Hex Key
- 1 USB A-to-B Cable
- 1 US Power Cord
- 1 EU Power Cord
Please note: MakerBot materials sold separately.