The Talon SRX offers the latest in smart speed controller technology compressed into a robust, compact package. This latest iteration of the popular Talon platform from Cross the Road Electronics adds support for CAN, additional communication protocols, and integrated PID control.
The Talon SRX was co-developed through a collaborative partnership between VEX Robotics and Cross the Road Electronics. Click here to learn more about this exciting partnership.
- Includes support for several communication protocols
- Onboard PID algorithms grant quick access to advanced control
- Compact, lightweight package is ideal for competitive robotics
In addition to support for CAN and other advanced communication protocols, the Talon SRX includes a compilation of smaller features that add up to a robust all-inclusive motor speed controller.
- CAN, SPI, Digital IO, and USART (serial) protocols augment motor speed control with direct sensor feedback
- Onboard closed-loop PID control algorithms make complex motor control accessible to all teams
- Full aluminum case, passive cooling fins, and sophisticated internal components make fans optional
- Completely sealed enclosure prevents debris from getting anywhere it shouldn't be
- Electrically insulated components allow for direct controller mounting to a robot frame with no fear of shorting
- LED indicators blink proportionately to output speed for easier debugging
- Illuminated "Brake / Coast Calibration" button enables one-touch setting changes and calibration
- Robust embedded power & output cables will never shake loose during a match
- Built-in pockets sized for #8 nuts and zip tie grooves make rigid mounting simpler than ever
- Integrated sign-magnitude synchronous rectification reduces heat generation at full motor stall
- 15 kHz output switching frequency ensures smooth and precise motor control