Start with a sketch, drawing, physical model, scan data, or only an idea—Rhino provides the tools to accurately model and document your designs ready for rendering, animation, drafting, engineering, analysis, and manufacturing or construction.
Rhino can create, edit, analyze, document, render, animate, and translate NURBS curves, surfaces, and solids with no limits on complexity, degree, or size. Rhino also supports polygon meshes and point clouds.
Rhino 5 for Windows runs on ordinary Windows desktop and laptop computers, with:
- Dual or Quad Core 64-bit processor recommended
- 600 MB disk space
- DVD drive (or a robust Internet connection)
- 1 GB RAM. 8 GB or more is recommended
- Graphics co-processor
- 3-D digitizer optional
- 3-D printer optional
- Rhino does run on Apple hardware with Bootcamp.
Rhino 5 for Windows runs only on:
- Windows 8 (32- or 64-bit) - Recommended
- Windows 7 (32- or 64-bit) - Recommended
- Windows Vista (32- or 64-bit)
- Windows XP (32-bit only) Service Pack 3
Rhino 5 for Windows includes both a 32-bit and 64-bit version.
Both are installed on 64-bit Windows systems.
- Rhino 5 will not run on Windows NT, 95, 98, ME, or 2000
- 64-bit Windows XP is NOT supported.
- Rhino 5 does not run on Linux, or any other operating system not listed above.
- Rhino 5 does not run natively on Mac OS X, but an OS X version is under development.
- Virtualization systems on OS X such as VMWare and Parallels are not supported.
Internet: Robust Internet connection is highly recommended
- Service releases downloaded automatically
- License validation and product registration is simplified