- Instructions for teachers, technicians and classroom assistants.
- Rick assessments, scope of work, and lesson plans
- USB Stick with student instructions and worksheets, electronic versions of documentation, and code examples.
- Templates for chassis (cardboard and adhesive not included)
- Handy Gratnells tray for fast and simple storage
- DT- Your robots are all about the design process.
- Computing- Your robots are all about the robots code.
- Physics Your robot is all about speed and velocity.
- Enrichments & Open Days It's all about experimentation and fun.
- The Lesson in a Box (Simple Robotics) is a complete set of electronics and teaching resources to enable successful cross-curricular lessons with minimal teacher effort.
- No soldering required for technicians or students.
- The kit and teaching resources have been tried and tested by real pupils and developed by real teachers.
- The kit includes technicians notes, lesson plans, resources and workbooks or worksheets.
- The kit has been designed to be used over and over again, all component parts were chosen/designed with this in mind.
- Packaged in a sturdy reusable Grantnells tray that will keep the kits together and safe in between uses.
- It's fun to teach and fun to learn!
There are 10 student and 1 teacher sets of Electronics (11 sets in total) supplied in a large reusable Gratnells tray. Each set includes:
- 1 x Kitronik Klip Motor Driver Board for BBC micro:bit.
- 2 x Kitronik clip-able TT motor boards (with cable tie and screws).
- 2 x Right Angle Geared Hobby TT motors.
- 2 x 5 Spoke Injection Moulded Wheels for TT Motors.
- 1 x set of 10 clip leads.
- 1 x ping pong ball for robot castor.
- A simple chassis template.
Each Lesson in a Box (Simple Robotics) kit comes with a USB stick drive that contains the following:
- Design and technology project 6 weeks Design Challenge.
- Design and technology lesson for KS4 Prototyping.
- Computing Lesson - Sequencing, selection and iteration.
- Computing Lesson - Computational Thinking; decomposition, pattern recognition, abstraction and algorithms.
- Physics/ Combined Science - Distance Time Experiments.
- Physics/ Combined Science - Velocity- Time Experiments.
- Enrichment for Open Evening Obstacle Robot Challenge.
- Enrichment for Stretch and Challenge Dance Robot Challenge.
- Main Robot Build Instructions.
- 1 x microbit per robot.
- 3 x AA batteries per robot.
- Cardboard for making the chassis templates. These can be either laser cut (DXF file in technicians Notes) or hand cut from old reprographics boxes, or equivalent (card about 2-3mm is ideal). A paper template for cutting by hand is also included in the Technicians Notes.