An update on COVID-19 and how we're ready to help. iDESIGN Solutions staff is equipped to work remotely so rest assured they are safe and ready to serve you. We're available 24 hours a day, seven days a week through our website. Orders are still being processed and we are accommodating special shipping requirements, i.e., ship on specified date. You can always reach a sales representative from 8 am to 8 pm EST. The best way to reach us is by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email will be directed to your dedicated sales person. Thank you.
Bring STEAM curriculum to life with HamiltonBuhl's Advanced Skill Level Starter STEAM Kit full of engineering and coding robots, augmented and virtual reality, 3D printing and media production activities!
Tomorrow’s inventors and problem-solvers are today’s students, teaching them a better understanding of STEAM concepts will be essential in preparing them for the careers of tomorrow. This advanced skill level kit is ideal for all middle and high school grades.
Each product in this Starter STEAM Pack comes with FREE downloadable lesson plans. Aligned to the required standards, the lesson plans include worksheets, teacher's guides, evaluation rubrics and more. What a turn-key and convenient way to expand the STEAM curriculum!
Advanced Level - Starter STEAM Pack Includes:
(1) Edison Educational Robot Kit - Set of 2 (EDIBOT-2) These LEGO® compatible educational robots are clean, safe, reusable, expandable and robust, providing students across all grade levels, from ages 5+, with a range of combinations, and possibilities. Each Edison robot features a host of sensors and can be programmed using a growing number of FREE software applications. Each programmable Edison robot interacts with the world via infra-red (IR) transmitters and receivers, line tracking, barcode reading, playing sounds and music, plus sound detection. It’s also equipped with two motors with variable speeds, left and right red LED lights and three control buttons.
(1) HB Invent! Kit - Assembling And Coding Robot (INVBOT) The custom-designed HB Invent! Kit is developed for STEM-based curriculum. The kit comes with all the components needed to create a variety of fun, programmable inventions – a wheeled robot – complete with collision sensors, buzzers, color-changing lights, line sensors and even infrared sensors that can detect fire! As students assemble the robot, they will be learning a multitude of subjects including robotics and general science concepts such as sensors, engineering and math. As students program the robot to complete various tasks, they will learn coding in Crumble – drag-and-drop programming software – similar to Scratch. Easy for elementary grade students to use, yet robust for older students, Crumble allows the older, more experienced students to investigate much more complex algorithms and provides access to more advanced components.
(1) 3D Magic Pen™ - 3D Printing Pen (MPEN) The 3D Magic Pen™ is a great way to expose young minds into the larger subject of 3D Printing, a disruptive innovation poised to change businesses and how we live our lives. Apart from creativity and fun – expanding imaginations, and learning about construction – the 3D Magic Pen™ is a great way to foster learning and introduce kids to STEAM subjects. Art stimulates creative thinking, essential in implementing cognitive skills, helps develop better communication, problem-solve, and increase overall literacy.
(3) ABS Filament Pack of 15 Vibrant Colors for 3D Magic Pen™ (MPFB) The pack includes an assortment of 10' long filament colors from orange, yellow, red, blue, purple, and pink to even lime green and more.
(1) ChronoQuest™ 3D Interactive Augmented Reality Timeline (CQTUBE) Created by technologists, informed by educators, ChronoQuest™ uses Augmented Reality to shed exciting new light on history. Century-by-century, students quest through time learning about, even adding to, history’s past! ChronoQuest™ Timelines are pre-programmed and regularly updated with content from six subjects for immediate fun, active, and participation learning. Along with the pre-programmed content, ChronoQuest™ is specially developed to let teachers and students customize and add Augmented Reality CHRONOS content to the timeline! With step-by-step instructions students and teachers are shown how they can code new content and make history!
(1) HB LED GrowLight™ Kit (GLITE) With HamiltonBuhl’s LED GrowLight™ Kit, photosynthesis will no longer be an abstract concept, but will be an observable event as students tune the GrowLight™ LED lights to the optimal spectrum for the plant they are growing. The HB LED GrowLight™ Kit is an indoor hydroponic gardening kit for planting and growing a variety of herbs, fruits and vegetables right in the classroom. Utilizing the very latest LED light with wavelength tuner and hydroponic technology, children will learn about all the variables that control growth of plants including soil types, watering nutrients, CO2 levels, function of roots, as well as see for themselves how different light wavelengths impact plant growth.
(1) Animation Studio Kit (ANI-KIT) Teaching kids multimedia skills develops their critical thinking, problem solving, communication, and collaboration capabilities and demystifies media and IT technologies. Almost any topic can be made more interesting using stop motion animation, and students will learn from this exciting teaching technique. The Animation Studio Kit includes a 5MP, 30FPS, gooseneck webcam with a non-slip base and Animate It! stop motion animation software, developed by the award winning makers of "Wallace & Gromit."
(1) Green Screen Production Kit (GRN-KIT) With a quick and easy setup of the green screen backdrop in front of the included 5MP, 30FPS, gooseneck webcam, students will be able to create short news broadcasts, weather forecasts, short reviews, virtual visits to far away places – the planets, the solar system, the Pyramids, the Amazon, the ocean depths, even time travel, all without leaving the classroom.
(1) AirComfort™ Climate Tracking Device (AIR-ORG) Delivering on STEAM education requirements, the AirComfort™ is a handy device that measures and collects climate data in 5-40 minute increments. Using the FREE companion app, students can chart, graph, analyze and draw conclusions, then run experiments to see if they can affect change. What a great way to introduce kids to statistics, reporting and analysis. Without realizing it, they will be learning an essential STEAM skill set that prepares them for their future.
(1) SpectraVIP™ - Virtual Reality Goggles (SVRG1) With SpectraVIP™ STEAM subjects will become engaging, captivating and fascinating as students are transported into a visually stunning and fully immersive virtual reality worlds! Understanding complex subjects, theories and concepts becomes easier when learning goes beyond a textbook. With SpectraVIP™, students can "join-in" on engineering and building a suspension bridge; "go inside" through the inner-workings of a human heart; "launch" into space to deliver supplies to the International Space Station. The possibilities are limitless, and the impact of an amazing and engaging experience in or outside of the classroom, priceless.