Minimize warping caused by drafts or cold 3D printing environments with the LulzBot TAZ 6 Enclosure by Printed Solid. This enclosure helps keep hands away from heated and moving parts of your 3D printer. This acrylic enclosure kit can be assembled without gluing, drilling, cutting, or engraving.
The enclosure has a modular design, meaning pieces are easily removable for access and/or printing with large spools of filament.
Made with optically clear, lightweight 3mm thick extruded acrylic that can be solvent welded, so pieces can be repaired if broken.
Upgrade by using your current 3D printer to 3D print four brackets to complete the kit.
The enclosure sits on the same table surface as your 3D printer when assembled. The small footprint adds only only 62 mm (2.44 in) along the Y-axis (from front to back).
This enclosure is not compatible with previous generations of LulzBot TAZ 3D printers.
Laser cut, extruded 3mm thick acrylic sheets
(2) Part A: Front and Rear Panel PDF SVG
(2) Part B: Top Mount with holes PDF SVG
(1) Part C: Rear Left Stiffener PDF SVG
(2) Part D: Front Stiffener PDF SVG
(2) Part E: Top Stiffener PDF SVG
(1) Part F: Rear Middle PDF SVG
(1) Part G: Rear Shelf PDF SVG
(1) Part H: Rear Bottom PDF SVG
(1) Part I: Rear Right PDF SVG
(1) Part J: Rear Left PDF SVG
(1) Part K: Front Left PDF SVG
(1) Part L: Front Right PDF SVG
(1) Part M: Front Middle PDF SVG
(1) Part N: Front Shelf PDF SVG
(1) Part O: Front Shelf PDF SVG
(1) Part P: Side Mounted Spool Top PDF SVG
(1) Part P2: Top Mounted Spool Top PDF SVG
(1) Part Q: Machine Side PDF SVG
(1) Part R: Rear Right Stiffener PDF SVG
(1) Part S: Spool Top Support PDF SVG
70 M3 10 mm Bolts
70 M3 Square Nuts
4 M4 8 mm Bolts
4 M4 Square Nuts
8 M5 Additional Parts Required
(2) 3D printed TAZ6 Left Bracket (STL) (not included, print yourself)
(1) 3D printed TAZ6 Right Bracket (STL) (not included, print yourself)
(1) 3D printed TAZ6 Left Cable Bracket (STL) (not included, print yourself)
TAZ 6 left, right, and left cable brackets by David Randolph and PrintedSolid.com used under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license. See recommended print settings in Step 1 of the Assembly Instructions.
2.5 mm hex driver for M3 screws
3 mm hex driver for M4 screws
4 mm hex driver for M5 screws
Optional: Painters tape
Optional: Flat razor
Optional: Zip ties
2-3 hours, based on skill level
LulzBot TAZ 6 Operating Dimensions (Standard): 82 cm x 63 cm x 52 cm (32.28 in x 24.8 in x 20.47 in)
LulzBot TAZ 6 Operating Dimensions (with Enclosure): 82 cm x 69.2 cm x 52 cm (32.28 in x 27.2 in x 20.47 in)
Enclosure adds an additional 62 mm (2.44 in) along the Y-axis (from front to back).
Acrylic can easily crack - do not over tighten the screws. Tighten to hold without movement.
When cleaning, use dish soap or hand wash and a soft, clean cloth. Do not use Windex® or other glass cleaning solutions. Do not use a hard sponge, scrub, or abrasive surface.
(Windex is a registered trademark of S.C. Johnson, Inc.)